This is for my Social Psychology class - for assessment and communication. I hope you find my thoughts interesting and please feel free to comment!

Thursday, October 25, 2007

Homophily blog 2 plan

Hi Everyone,
I just wanted to briefly post up my ideas on my structure for blog 2 and hopefully get some feedback.

My question is: Homophily: What is it? Discuss in relation to examples from your own life.

I want to discuss:

homophily history

homophily types

homophily differences for gender, age etc

possible homophily causes

homophily theory

homophily research

While interlinking examples from my own life (i.e family, friends and partner's). I was going to use my own examples in a separate area but after thinking about flow I have decided it may work best if my examples are given after information about homophily...

I am not sure which order things need to go in yet - just playing around with it for the moment.

I have also found other blogs on homophily which I will link to and hopefully link to within my post...

Homophily and Association

The limits of homophily

Homophily Theory


Thanks! any feedback is welcome...

2 comments:

James Neill said...

You're turning up some interesting resources, Zoe.

Just a bit of general advice - dedicate most of your content to theory/research. Examples are required but the marking criteria emphasises theory/research.

You could possibly present examples as part of a table/figure, with summary description/referencing in-text.

Just a thought.

jbn said...

how about doing a concept map with your examples? that way it wont get confused without your text but it shows that you have thought 'outside the square' ?